If working with testing devices is where your passion lies, then we have the perfect opportunity for you… take the leap and become an Electronics/Electrical Technician at Seaborough Research!
The Electronics team within Seaborough focuses on generating intellectual properties while solving the biggest challenges in the lighting industry related to the penetration of LED lighting. This is a full-time behind-the-workbench job and as an Electronics/Electrical Technician, you will be able to research and develop new technologies. You will provide direction on the modern topologies to be used in products
- Completed MBO course (associate degree) or Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- Interest in failure analysis and reliability testing of electronic products
- Affinity with electrical testing of electronic products, program development, and test strategies.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
- Willing to learn and develop
- Hardworking person who is willing to take the LAB management tasks
- Good soldering skills
- Familiar with electrical components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, etc.
- Setting up the LAB workflows and caring about the implementation
- Take the lead in purchasing components and necessary equipment
- Set up, prepare, keep operational/functional, and ready to use various test equipment
- Hands-on experience in the assembly of the circuit boards
- Developing, writing, executing, and testing a qualification program for LED systems
- Reporting and documenting tests and test programs
- Take the initiative to keep abreast of technical developments, applications, and competition
- Support in the development and assembly process of LED boards and luminaires
- Knowledge of LabVIEW and Altium Designer is an advantage
- Knowledge of light control systems or software technical control is an advantage.
Your education, knowledge & work experience:
- You have a Bachelor’s in Electrical / Electronics / Power Electronics or equivalent with at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have completed your MBO course (Associated degree) in Electrical / Electronics / Power Electronics with 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in English
- Able to work alone or with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- You are a structured, neat, and organized individual with good problem-solving skills.
- You are dynamic, flexible, and eager to learn.
- Fantastic location: Seaborough office (including the lab) is located at Amsterdam Science Park, which is the heart of the startup environment with multiple companies around in the field of chemistry, biotechnology, lithography, sound engineering etc.
- Connectivity: It is a 5-minute walk to the nearest train station, Amsterdam Science Park, and is well connected by public transport.
- Multicultural environment: We are a team of more than 20 people and have our roots in 8 countries.
- Flexible working culture: If work can be done from home, then we encourage that.
- We will support you with one-on-one coaching and training designed to help you develop your skills.
Seaborough invents, develops, and commercializes ground-breaking innovations for the lighting industry.
The company runs several long-term research and development projects in collaboration with world-leading research institutes and universities.
The IP is commercialized through licensing contracts with strategic partners. Seaborough is highly committed to support these partners during the implementation phase of its IP in finished products.
This is the way we make a real difference.
Seaborough was founded in 2013. We have a very international and multicultural team. Since then we have experienced strong growth with great collaborations, big inventions, and even bigger plans for the future. At Seaborough, we give meaning to light!
We are looking forward getting in contact with you!
Please contact Vahhab Mohammadi - Program Director Electronics